Saturday, January 10, 2009

Vanessa Hudgens or Brenda Song as Leah?!?

"The web is abuzz that the coveted role of Leah Clearwater, the female werewolf in New Moon, may be going to either Vanessa Hudgens or Brenda Song. Both are 20 year old Disney alumni with singing/acting careers. Here are the positives for each actress as we see them:

Vanessa Hudgens:

Native American Heritage
As a singer, could contribute to New Moon soundtrack
Given High School Musical role, there could be Werewolf Dancing !! (kidding…)

Brenda Song:

Black Belt Taekwondo ability, does some of her own stunts
Strong reviews for Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, in which she was the star
Did we mention freaking Taekwondo!? "



As much as I hate to admit it, Vanessa looks more the role...Brenda song is just a tad too Asian to play a native American don't you think?

I'd prefer someone a little more low profile than Vanessa though for some reason, she's pretty enough, but is Leah meant to be pretty? I know shes meant to be 'not bad on the eyes' but Vanessa is still way to high profile for me, plus I dont think she could pull of the 'pissed off Leah' attitude.

I really hope it's a just a rumour though...I'd rather have someone a little more neutral and new to the 'Hollywood' scene when it comes to the actors in the twilight films.

........................................................................................
I have done my own reseach and have desided some people I want to be Leah (orded by favourite at top):


#1 - Q’Orianka Kilcher


#2 - Kristin Kreuk

#3 - Camilla Belle


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think Vanessa would be perfect. Kristin would work too.

    ReplyDelete